Neutralizing absorbent specific to acids
With ACICAPTAL® neutralizing absorbent, you will be ready to deal with all types of chemical acid spills safely.
- Reduces the risk by preventing injury or inhalation of chemicals
- Indicates visually when neutralization is complete
- Avoids the risk of error through its compatibility with chemical products
- Provides the possibility to manage the situation internally without the need for emergency services
Technical specifications of ACICAPTAL®
ACICAPTAL® neutralizing absorbent specific to acids, can be used on all your acid chemicals by following a unique protocol.
It eliminates all risk of accident complications due to incompatible chemical mixtures.
The absorbent turns pink in the presence of an acid and turns back yellow when neutralization is complete.
The neutralization of the acid chemical makes it possible to suppress the corrosivity of the acid character by bringing the pH back to a non-hazardous level.
A neutralized chemical will no longer be corrosive, which reduces the risk of human and material contamination.
How does it work ?
Schematic video showing how the acids neutralizing absorbent Acicaptal® works
Shot of a floor with a bucket, a liquid spill and a "slippery floor" sign. ACICAPTAL® acids neutralizing absorbent powder is applied all around the liquid spill, then in the center. As the powder is dispersed, the areas affected by it turn pink, indicating that it is an acid.
Zoom in on the liquid: the grains representing the powder turn pink. The words "color indicator" appear. Zoom in on one of the grains: process showing absorption and neutralization of the acid by the grain, which begins to grow and turn pink, while absorbing the liquid around it. Zoom in on the reaction at molecular level: ACICAPTAL® traps and neutralizes the acid.
Zoom out: back to the grain. Neutralization ends when the initial color returns. There is no longer any liquid around the grain, which has returned to neutral.
End of video.
Safety recommendations during chemical accident
- Do not forget to wear the safety equipment adapted to chemical spills and use the appropriate warning signs.
- Used absorbents must be destroyed in accordance with the national regulations in force.
All our products
Need protective equipment to manage your spills ?
- A pair of reusable chemical protection gloves (in accordance with EN 374-1)
- Reusable chemical protection safety glasses
- Can also be used by employees with eyeglasses
- In accordance with EN 166
- Manhole cover
- Prevents liquids from flowing into the sewer system
- Moderate resistance to chemicals, oils and solvents
- Reusable after decontamination and cleaning