Neutralizing absorbent specific to bases
With BASICAPTAL® neutralizing absorbent, you will be ready to deal with all types of alkaline chemical spills.
- Reduces the risk by preventing injury or inhalation of chemicals
- Indicates visually when neutralization is complete
- Avoids the risk of error through its compatibility with chemical products
- Provides the possibility to manage the situation internally without the need for emergency services
Technical specifications of BASICAPTAL®
BASICAPTAL® neutralizing absorbent specific to bases, can be used on all your alkaline chemicals by following a unique protocol.
It eliminates all risk of accident complications due to incompatible chemical mixtures.
The absorbent turns blue in the presence of a base and turns back yellow when neutralization is complete.
The neutralization of the alkaline chemical makes it possible to suppress the corrosivity of the alkaline character by bringing the pH back to a non-hazardous level.
A neutralized chemical will no longer be corrosive, which reduces the risk of human and material contamination.
How does it work ?
Schematic video showing how Basicaptal® neutralizing absorbent works.
Shot of a floor with a bucket, a liquid spill and a "slippery floor" sign. BASICAPTAL® base neutralizing absorbent powder is applied all around the liquid spill, then in the center. As the powder is dispersed, the areas affected by it turn blue, indicating that it is a base.
Zoom in on the liquid: grains representing the powder turn blue. The words "colored indicator" appear. Zoom in on one of the grains: the process shows the absorption and neutralization of the base by the grain, which begins to grow and turn blue, while absorbing the liquid around it. Zoom in on the reaction at molecular level: BASICAPTAL® traps and neutralizes the base.
Zoom out: back to the grain. Neutralization ends when the initial color returns. There is no longer any liquid around the grain, which has returned to neutral.
End of video.
Safety recommendations during chemical accident
- Do not forget to wear the safety equipment adapted to chemical spills and use the appropriate warning signs.
- Used absorbents must be destroyed in accordance with the national regulations in force.
All our products
Need protective equipment to manage your spills ?
- A pair of reusable chemical protection gloves (in accordance with EN 374-1)
- Reusable chemical protection safety glasses
- Can also be used by employees with eyeglasses
- In accordance with EN 166
- Manhole cover
- Prevents liquids from flowing into the sewer system
- Moderate resistance to chemicals, oils and solvents
- Reusable after decontamination and cleaning